Monday, August 10, 2009

Hamilton Beach Rice cooker

Rice cookerLong ago I discovered the power of having a rice cooker.  It is one of my most used appliances.  I have had the Hamilton Beach rice cooker (20 C) for close to two years now and its still running strong.  I was in the market for a large rice cooker with a very small budget.  There are pros and cons to this cooker but over all I have been happy with it for my purposes.

Pros:

As with any rice cooker assuming it works; I love being able to start it, leave it alone and come back to cooked rice

I have cooked several types of rice including: sushi rice, jasmine rice, basmati rice, and lots of brown rice and it always does a good job.

Very Affordable got mine on sale for about $25.oo

Easy to clean

Has a warm setting so if I get behind in meal preparation I don't have to worry about the rice getting cold.

Cons:

While its easy to clean, it tends to boil, bubble and make a mess

It says 20 cups but realistically couldn't hold that.   Think the most I have dared to put in there was 8 cups of uncooked rice(which probably was double that in cooked).  The rice came out good but I wouldn't dare to try put any more in there.  I usually borrow another rice cooker when I have large groups that I am cooking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment