Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Are you an emotional eater?

Free Girl Eating Yummy Pink Donut Creative Commons
I think we should be more self aware, to understand why we do what we do. For me, I tend to snack when I'm watching TV, therefore my activity trigger my snacking habit. Are you an emotional eater? Do you find yourself eating based on your mood? Here's a great article by Jillian Michaels - the Biggest Loser trainer, she made a great point about emotional eating:
We are always willing to justify eating crap by saying, "I had a rough day. I deserve this." Deserve what? Heart disease? Cellulite? Diabetes? Come on! Would you reward your loved ones this way? I bet not. What do I do to make myself feel better?

Here's the full article.  Creative Commons License photo credit: Pink Sherbet Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment