Monday, July 13, 2009

Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe

If you are concerned about preservatives or just love the smell of fresh bread baking here is a recipe for you. I use a bread machine and it makes a medium/small loaf.  Depending on your bread machine you may be able to double the recipe, but I would suggest making it the way it is first to make sure your machine is going to be large enough.

2/3cup applesauce

1 cup almond milk (I use almond breeze the original, and I have used soy milk and its turned out great. I suspect it would be fine with regular milk too)

2.5 cups whole wheat flour

1tsp cinnamon

2tbsp brown sugar

1tsp salt

1tbs Earth Balance (smart balance or what ever healthy butter substitute you use will suffice)

1.5 tsp dry yeast

Optional- Apple chunks.  I will take half an apple or one apple depending on the apple's size and dice and put in bread machine with all the other ingredients.

machine note-Dump all the ingredients in, I never worry about what goes in first and start the machine on its regular mode.  I would NOT suggest using this one on a delayed timer or rapid cycle. Still life Bread
Creative Commons License

photo credit: nessguide

No comments:

Post a Comment